Project HomeKey - September Memorandum
The California Department of Housing and Community Development (Department) is pleased to announce the availability of approximately $1.45 billion of Homekey Program (Homekey) grant funding through this Round 2 Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA). Building on the success of both Project Roomkey and the first round of Homekey, this significant investment continues a statewide effort to sustain and rapidly expand housing for persons experiencing homelessness or At Risk of Homelessness, and who are, thereby, inherently impacted by or at increased risk for medical diseases or conditions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
To review the latest September Memorandum Click Here
1. Interim housing is still an eligible use and may want to submit Loma School Site as a potential Homekey site.
2. LA County has a geographic set-aside of $359 million in this round of Homekey funds.
3. Interim Housing projects will also be evaluated on the following requirements:
i. Funding commitments or other reasonable assurance to cover operations and service costs with specific funding sources (government/philanthropic/private) for the proposed project for five (5) years and submit a budget to cover operations and services costs through year 15 from the recordation of the use restriction.
ii. If the Eligible Applicant is acquiring, rehabilitating, and/or operating an Interim Housing project, the Eligible Applicant or Co-Applicant shall demonstrate the following minimum experience requirements:
1. Successful development, ownership, or operation of an Interim Housing project, such as an emergency shelter or Transitional Housing for at least three of the last ten years for individuals who qualify as members of the Target Population;
2. Experience in linking Interim Housing program participants to Permanent Housing to ensure long-term housing stability; and
3. Experience administering a Housing First program that includes principles of harm reduction and low barriers to entry.